Laurel Cerebral Palsy Attorney Serving Families Across Maryland
Cerebral palsy is a complicated medical condition that no parent wants to face. It can result in severe disabilities for your child and require lifelong care. While some cases of cerebral palsy could be unavoidable, some are due to negligence on the part of the hospital or doctor. If your child has cerebral palsy as the result of medical malpractice, you may be entitled to compensation with the help of a Laurel cerebral palsy attorney.
Thomas E. Pyles and his team have over 35 years of combined experience helping people who have suffered as a result of medical malpractice. If your child has been diagnosed with cerebral palsy, he can evaluate your case and help you get the compensation you need. To schedule a free consultation, call us today at 301-705-5006. Our offices are located in Waldorf, Laurel and Leonardtown.
Cerebral Palsy Can Be Caused by Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice occurs when hospitals, doctors or other health care professionals fail to act in accordance with established standards of care in the delivery of your child. If your child has been diagnosed with cerebral palsy, it may have been caused by negligence on the part of the hospital or your doctor. The following situations can often cause cerebral palsy in children:
- Failure to perform cesarean section. If the baby is not getting sufficient oxygen, a C-section may be necessary to prevent brain damage. Failing to decide in time whether the procedure is necessary can result in cerebral palsy.
- Failure to adequately monitor the baby’s condition during delivery. Doctors and nurses are responsible for monitoring the baby’s vital signs before, during and shortly after birth. Failing to identify warning signs seen in the baby’s heart rate or oxygen levels during birth can cause harm to the infant and lead to cerebral palsy.
- Inadequate medical response to fetal distress. In the event that something goes wrong during the birth process, doctors and nurses need to be able to correctly diagnose the issue and use the correct remedial action. An inadequate response to the distress of the infant can lead to cerebral palsy.
It is often difficult to identify the cause of cerebral palsy. However, if your child has been diagnosed and you experienced any complications during the birth, our experienced Laurel cerebral palsy attorney will be able to look at all the facts of your case and provide sound legal advice based on your situation.
Speak With a Laurel Cerebral Palsy Attorney - You May Be Entitled to Compensation
If your child has been diagnosed with cerebral palsy as the result of a birth injury or medical malpractice, you may be entitled to compensation that could cover the following:
- Any and all medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Effect on quality of life
- Lost income due to caring for your child
- The cost of on-going care, home modifications, and medical equipment
The economic harms that result from cerebral palsy can be significant. Unfortunately, most non-lawyers undervalue their claim. There’s no need for you to attempt to handle this situation on your own. Help is available via an experienced Laurel cerebral palsy attorney.
At the Law Offices of Thomas E. Pyles, P.A. we know how the challenges you face if your child has cerebral palsy. We provide aggressive and knowledgeable legal representation to our clients to help them meet these challenges and move forward with their lives. Call us at 301-705-5006 or complete our online form to schedule a free consultation to learn more about how we can help you.