WHY HIRE A WALDORF CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER?
Put an experienced car accident lawyer on your side.
There are nearly 6 million car accidents in the United States each and every year and over 3 million resulting in injuries. If you have been injured in a car accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence or if you lost a loved one, you have the right to pursue monetary compensation to cover your loses. Each Waldorf car accident attorney at our firm is are to help you. At The Law Office of Thomas E. Pyles, P.A, clients often come to us with many questions and concerns about their medical care, lost wages and vehicle repairs. Each Waldorf car accident attorney from our firm fights for auto accident victims so they can recover full monetary compensation for past and future medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, damages and vehicle repair.
WHY CHOOSE THE LAW OFFICE OF THOMAS E. PYLES, P.A. FOR YOUR WALDORF CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY ?
Our firm brings over 25 years of real trial experience. We combine this experience with a uniquely personalized approach to personal injury litigation. Attorney Thomas E. Pyles has a reputation for being approachable and affable with our clients but relentless against opposing counsel when fighting for our client’s compensation.
Our law firm has the fear and respect of many defense firms and insurance adjusters. We fight them all and win. They know that they have a stark choice when facing our firm. They can either pay up or we go to trial.
Insurance companies know who we are and they know that we have the financial resources to take them on. Our big firm results and small firm service means that we are not your average, run of the mill personal injury law firm. Files do not just sit in our corner. They get worked up by our highly professional staff. They also know about our successful trial history against them.
WE CAN HELP YOU RECOVER IN YOUR MOTOR VEHICLE CLAIM
Hiring the right Waldorf car accident attorney is absolutely critical for making a successful recovery in your case, whether you have to try it or whether your case settles. Our firm has a remarkable history of settling and trying to verdict motor vehicle accident cases. Attorney Thomas E. Pyles has handled over 200 jury trials and has thousands of district court trials which he has successfully litigated. Mr. Pyles has secured some of the largest verdicts against State Farm in State Farm’s Maryland history. Many of our clients come from client referrals or are prior clients. Additionally, we receive referrals from other attorneys who transfer their cases to Mr. Pyles so that he may litigate them. That, in and of itself, speaks volumes of the trial experience and skills that Mr. Pyles has.
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured in a car accident, contact us today at 301-705-5006.
COMMON CAUSES OF CAR ACCIDENTS IN MARYLAND
According to the Maryland Department of Transportation, there are an average of just over 100,000 car accidents in Maryland every year, making car accidents one of the leading sources of injury and death statewide. The exact causes of all of these accidents would be too numerous to list here, but there are several patterns that show up again and again. Some of the most common reasons why cars get into accidents include:
- Speeding: Virtually all drivers exceed speed limits now and then but doing so poses significant risks. The faster a car is moving, the less time the driver has to react to changes in the surrounding environment. Roads are also designed to be driven safely only within a certain range of speeds and exceeding those speeds can increase the chances of an accident.
- Distracted driving: Any activity that takes a driver’s eyes off the road can significantly increase the chances of an accident. This includes texting, eating, applying makeup, talking on the phone, adjusting audio and climate controls, admiring the scenery, and having heated discussions with passengers, among many other behaviors.
- Reckless driving: Reckless driving occurs when a driver engages in intentionally aggressive and unsafe driving maneuvers, such as driving at excessive speeds, tailgating other drivers, cutting off other drivers, frequently or rapidly switching lanes, and running stop signs and lights. Conscious disregard for the rules of the road puts the driver and all others in his or her vicinity at risk.
- Driving under the influence: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs — even without causing an accident — is a crime in itself, but drunk drivers can also cause serious accidents. This is because alcohol reduces a driver’s reaction time, making it less likely that he or she will be able to avoid an accident before it is too late.
- Hazardous weather conditions: Driving is dangerous enough even in perfect weather, but rain, snow, sleet, ice, and wind can destabilize road conditions and increase the chances of accidents.
DAMAGES AVAILABLE IN MARYLAND CAR ACCIDENT CASES
Damages in personal injury cases are designed to compensate the victim or, in other words, to make the victim “whole” to the greatest extent possible. The courts accomplish this through the award of both special compensatory damages and general compensatory damages.
Special damages are damages that compensate the victim for specific monetary losses he or she incurred as a result of an accident and are normally fairly simple to calculate. Examples of special damages include:
- Loss of wages
- Loss of future wages
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Property damage
General damages are intended to compensate the victim for the intangible losses that he or she suffered in an accident and their calculation is considerably less precise than that for special damages. A few common types of general damages are:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
SPEAK TO A WALDORF CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY TODAY
Victims of car accidents that are a result of negligence deserve to be compensated for their injuries. To learn more about pursuing personal injury claims after a car accident, contact a Waldorf car accident lawyer at the Law Office of Thomas E. Pyles by calling 301-705-5006